Applications Due July 1, 2023
Ambassador Scholarship Fund for Summer Work Travel (SWT) recipients (known as BridgeUSA Ambassador Scholars) will travel to the United States for up to four months during their university year-end holidays (in the Pacific Island region, this will generally be for about two months from December to January). You will be matched with host employers in seasonal communities throughout the United States, and will work in seasonal, entry-level jobs with a high-level of interaction with American colleagues and guests. Recipients will meet, work, live with and learn from both people of the United States and other international students while sharing daily experiences.
Program fees included:
All program fees, round-trip flights to United States, visa interview, SEVIS fee, and health insurance on program. We ask individuals to bring emergency money with them just in case.
These jobs will be entry-level (cashier, waitress, bussing, hotel clerk, lifeguarding, hotel cleaning, etc.) and will give participants the opportunity to practice English, earn a fair wage, and experience Winter activities.
- Be a citizen of: Australia, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam. 20 participants across the region.
- Be a post-secondary school student enrolled in and actively pursuing a degree or other full-time course of study at an accredited classroom based, post-secondary educational institution outside the United States;
- Have successfully completed at least one semester or equivalent of post-secondary academic study;
- Must return to their home country to resume university studies prior to the start date of their university or college; and
- Must be able to qualify for a U.S. visa.