An official website of the United States government

Business FAQs for Fiji

Are there any government restrictions or trade sanctions on doing business with Fiji?

No, the U.S. government does not have any trade restrictions or sanction.


Where can I get information on exporting to Fiji?

The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Country Commercial Guides  provides U.S. companies information on exporting. The Guide also contains a chapter on the country’s investment climate.
Fiji’s Country Commercial Guide 2016 is also available.


How can I establish a business in Fiji?

To invest and establish a business in Fiji, please check with Investment Fiji:
Investment Fiji
6th Floor, Civic Tower, Victoria Parade, Suva
P O Box 2303 Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji Islands.
Tel (679) 331 5988 Fax (679) 330 1783
Email info@investmentfiji.org.fj Website http://www.investmentfiji.org.fj/


What is the Fiji American Chamber of Commerce’s contact?

Secretariat – Fiji American Chamber of Commerce
Level 4 FNPF Place, 343 Victoria Parade, Suva
P O Box 12499, Suva
Tel (679) 330 5510 Fax (679) 330 5510
Email secretariat@fijiamcham.com  Website http://fijiamcham.com/


Where can I get information on American suppliers?

The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides information and services to international buyers for the purchasing of foods and other agricultural products. Other resources include:

  • ThomasNet is a free-online database with information on suppliers of industrial products and services in North America
  • Harris InfoSource, a division of Dun & Bradstreet (D&B),  provide a directory of U.S. manufacturers available online and in print.


How can I verify if an American company is legitimate?

A good source for researching a business is the Better Business Bureau.
Other sources include:

  • A subsidiary of Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), the Hoover’s Web site features a database of information on more than 30 million corporations and organizations, and more than 35 million people. Hoover’s also publishes its information in reference books.
  • Kompass business to business directory has 2.3 million companies in 70 countries referenced by 57.000 product & service keywords 860,000 trade names, 4.6 million executive names.


Where can I find information on trade shows in the U.S.?

Each year the U.S. Commercial Service through its International Buyer Program supports and promotes around 33 trade shows representing leading industrial sectors. Show Listing. Other sources for trade show information include:


I need information on registering my food facility to export to the U.S.?

You need to check the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website.


Where can I get information about exporting to the U.S.?

The Investment Fiji and the Fiji Trade Commission in the U.S. will have exporting information .Investment Fiji
6th Floor, Civic Tower, Victoria Parade, Suva
P O Box 2303 Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji Islands.
Tel (679) 331 5988 Fax (679) 330 1783
Email info@investmentfiji.org.fj Website http://www.investmentfiji.org.fj/The Trade Commissioner, Fiji Trade Commission
5777 West Century Blvd,  Suite 205 Los Angeles, CA 90045, United States
Tel (1-310) 645 2136/645 4274 Fax (1-310) 645 0851
Email staff@fijitradela.com  Website http://www.fijitradela.com/


Where can I obtain information on US tariffs?

The USITC Interactive Tariff provides on U.S. tariff data. The site also contains international trade statistics.


Where can I find information on the trade preference program – General System of Preferences (GSP)?

The GSP Guidebook and other information sources are available regarding the use of GSP duty-free treatment, and the fostering of economic growth through the expansion of trade between the United States and GSP beneficiaries.


What agricultural items can I export to the US?

The APHIS Fruits and Vegetables Import Requirements (FAVIR) database allows customers to search for fruits and vegetables by commodity or country, in order to determine the general requirements for their importation into the United States.


Where can I obtain data on exports and imports to/from the US?

Try the following links:


How can I lodge a complaint against a business in the USA?

You can file a complaint against a business with the Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection  and the Better Business Bureau.


What do I need to do to take my pet to the USA?

For guidelines and regulations and other information on importing your pet into the USA, please visit the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Website. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has regulations on the importation of dogs and cats into the United States visit the CDC website or call them at 1-800-232-4636, for more information on their regulations. Please also check with the carrier regarding the transportation of pets.


Traveling to the USA – Am I permitted to take food with me?

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection, within the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for keeping America’s borders safe and secure. Please check their website for guidance.