This Program is presently closed for competition. The next cycle will be announced in February, 2019.
The United States Embassy in Suva invites applications for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for academic year 2019-2020 from resident nationals of Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga and Tuvalu. The Humphrey Fellowship provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States.
These prestigious Fellowships are offered to mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent graduate-level learning at a leading U.S. university for up to twelve months.
For successful applicants, the program begins with an intensive orientation in Washington, D.C., and includes participation in a professional development internship for at least six weeks with local, state, national or international organizations located in the United States after the academic segment of the program.
The Fellowship provides for international travel, travel within the U.S. as required, tuition and fees, books, a monthly maintenance stipend, and limited funds for professional development activities such as attendance at conferences, field trips and professional affiliations.
Eligible fields of study are:
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Rights
- Natural Resources/Environmental Policy/Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons (Policy and Prevention)
- Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- an undergraduate (first university) degree;
- a minimum of six years of substantial professional experience;
- limited or no prior experience in the United States;
- demonstrated leadership qualities;
- a record of public service in the community; and
- strong written and spoken English skills.
For any inquiries, please send your correspondence marked, “Humphrey Fellowship Program 2019-20” to:
Email: PDsuva@state.gov ; or
For telephone queries: 00 679 3314466 ext 8152