Event: On April 25, the Fiji Ministry of Health announced four new COVID cases in Fiji.
Officials have declared several parts of Fiji to be containment zones, including Suva, Lami, and Nausori. Residents in each of these three zones will not be able to depart for the next 14 days, including to the other two adjacent zones. Limited exceptions are available in medical cases.
Additional containment areas were previously announced for the Nadi and Lautoka areas. Residents in the two areas will not be able to depart until restrictions are lifted. On April 25, officials announced that travel between Nadi and Lautoka would no longer be permitted.
On April 21, Fiji officials announced a temporary suspension of most international flights. Additionally, authorities announced that those on the island of Viti Levu were temporarily barred from traveling to other islands of Fiji. If you are planning to travel in the near future, contact your airline or transportation company for updates.
Supermarkets, shops, markets, and pharmacies remain open. Public transportation remains open at reduced capacity. Fiji continues to maintain a nightly curfew from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. nationwide.
Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Fiji Ministry of Health for additional information on these measures.
Actions to Take:
- Follow directions of local officials and monitor local media for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 email@example.com https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Fiji Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter