Event: The Fiji Ministry of Health has announced that there are no longer confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Fiji.
The Government of Fiji has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Fiji authorities have implemented a nationwide curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Restrictions on interisland travel by air and sea have been lifted. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Fiji Ministry of Health for additional information on these measures.
Air New Zealand has scheduled weekly flights from Nadi, Fiji to Auckland, New Zealand on several Fridays in July (July 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31). These flights connect to same-day departures from Auckland to Los Angeles. These are commercial flights, bookable directly with Air New Zealand. Travelers will not be allowed to enter New Zealand, and must remain airside at Auckland Airport during transit.
New Zealand border officials advise that New Zealand transit regulations have changed:
- U.S. citizens traveling on a U.S. passport to the United States may transit Auckland without further approval. U.S. citizens may proceed to purchase tickets directly from Air New Zealand’s website or by calling +64 9 357 3000.
- U.S. permanent residents who are customarily resident in the United States must request advance approval from New Zealand authorities to transit Auckland. For details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. New Zealand border officials advise permanent residents not to purchase airline tickets before receiving specific approval from New Zealand.
Travelers who seek to leave Fiji now should carefully consider flight options as they become available. No commercial flights are currently operating nonstop between Fiji and the United States. Travelers who choose to wait for nonstop flights to the United States or flights on a specific airline may face long or indefinite delays for flights to resume.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 email@example.com https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Fiji Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter