Event: The Fiji Ministry of Health announced a positive COVID case in Fiji affecting a border quarantine employee that may have resulted in later contact with others outside the border quarantine system.
Early this morning, the Government of Fiji announced a lockdown of the Greater Nadi and Lautoka areas, starting at 4 a.m. today. A 24-hour curfew has been imposed within the lockdown area. Passenger travel out of the area by land, air, and sea has been suspended. Schools and businesses in the area have been closed.
In the remainder of Fiji, the 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. overnight curfew remains in place. The Government of Fiji encourages residents outside the lockdown area to avoid both large gatherings and non-essential travel.
Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Fiji Ministry of Health for additional information on these measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 email@example.com https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Fiji Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter