Event: The Fiji Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Fiji. Two additional confirmed cases were announced today.
The Government of Fiji has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Fiji authorities have announced a nationwide curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.. A quarantine has been announced for the Greater Suva area, starting at 5 a.m. Friday, April 3 for 14-days. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Fiji Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures. Details of the Prime Minister’s address, which includes information about the Suva quarantine and the two new cases, is located here.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. Fiji Airways has announced the suspension of scheduled flights, and the Fiji Government has announced the closure of Nadi Airport for scheduled flights. The U.S. Embassy continues working to arrange a flight option for citizens seeking to depart Fiji. If you have not already contacted us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in flying from Fiji to the United States.
Fiji Airways is seeking to measure interest of the number of people wishing to travel from Nadi to Los Angeles. If you are interested in traveling, please complete the online form available at https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/flight-information/travel-alerts/. It is recommended that citizens interested in traveling express interest to Fiji Airways as soon as possible.
The government has implemented quarantines in Suva, Lautoka, and Nabua Settlement. Transportation to or from these areas, and public services including schools and government offices may be closed. Private companies – including hotels, apartment buildings, or supermarkets – have closed, restricted access, or mandated temperature checks, limiting access to goods and services. Fiji authorities may announce quarantines in other areas on short notice as conditions change. Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 email@example.com https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Fiji Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter