Event: The Fiji Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Fiji.
The Government of Fiji has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Fiji authorities have implemented a nationwide curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.. Restrictions on interisland travel by air and sea have been lifted. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Fiji Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. Fiji Airways has announced the suspension of scheduled international flights. The U.S. Embassy is working on several possible flight options for those who are seeking to depart Fiji, and will have additional information within the next week. If you are a U.S. citizen seeking to depart Fiji and have not already contacted the Embassy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the Embassy can reach you on short notice when a flight is confirmed, please be sure to include your email address and local telephone number.
Fiji authorities may announce quarantines on short notice as conditions change. Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 email@example.com https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Fiji Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter