Event: French Polynesia’s Direction de la Sante has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in French Polynesia.
The Government of French Polynesia has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Visit the website of the Direction de la Sante for additional information on these new measures.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in French Polynesia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji
158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji
+679 331 4466
Consular Agency French Polynesia
+689 89 700 160
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.