Event: There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Tonga.
The government of Tonga has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Tonga Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. Regularly-scheduled commercial aviation flights to and from Tonga have been suspended. The U.S. Embassy continues work to arrange a flight option for citizens seeking to return to the United States. If you have not already been in contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in flying on these flights to the United States. Further information will be sent as soon as it is available.
Fiji Airways is seeking to measure interest of the number of people wishing to travel from Nadi to Los Angeles. If you are interested in traveling, please complete the online form available at https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/flight-information/travel-alerts/. It is recommended that citizens interested in traveling express interest to Fiji Airways as soon as possible. (Please note that the form assumes that you are in Fiji. If you are in Tonga and wish to express interest in a Tonga-Fiji flight as well, please note this in the form to help Fiji Airways measure interest.)
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 email@example.com https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Tonga Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter