Event: There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Tonga.
The government of Tonga has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Tonga Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability.Regularly-scheduled commercial aviation flights to and from Tonga have been suspended. The U.S. Embassy continues work to arrange a flight option for citizens seeking to travel from Nuku’alofa to the United States, including a possible option with Fiji Airways. If you have not already been in contact, please email@example.com if you would be interested in flying on this flight to the United States. Further information will be sent as soon as it is available. Please monitor your email and telephones for updates.
Evacuation flights are often confirmed on short notice. When able and permitted by local authorities, citizens on outer islands who are seeking to depart on an evacuation flight should consider relocating closer to the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji – 158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji +679 331 4466 firstname.lastname@example.org https://fj.usembassy.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Tonga Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter