Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji (March 25, 2020)
Event: Travel Disruption
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Tonga.
The government of Tonga has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Tonga Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline. The U.S. Embassy continues to work with airlines to identify options for possible flights departing Tonga. If you are a U.S. citizen in Tonga seeking to return to the United States, please email email@example.com.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Fiji.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Suva, Fiji
158 Princes Road, Suva, Fiji
+679 331 4466
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Tonga Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter