The deadline to submit your application is April 30th, 11:59pm (Fiji Time).
The United States Embassy in Fiji warmly invites residents of Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga, and Tuvalu to apply for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. This program allows students to receive two years of graduate-level studies or research at top U.S. universities, and it’s an excellent opportunity to receive a high-quality education and degree in important fields. The deadline to submit your application is April 30th, 11:59pm (Fiji Time). Click here to see some profiles of former program participants and here to read profiles of successful program participants.
To be eligible for the program, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident of your country. Applications will be accepted for students interested in the following fields:
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Epidemiology and Infectious Disease Control
- Human Rights
- Natural Resources/Environmental/Climate Change Policy
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy
- Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention
- International Relations
- Ocean Policy
- Security Cooperation
- NGO Management
The application process is competitive and merit-based. Important factors that may be considered include academic qualifications, project feasibility, personal leadership abilities, available grant funds and other factors.
In order to bolster your chances, we suggest following these best practices as you prepare your application.
- Read all the application instructions carefully before beginning your application.
- Start early in order to make sure you have enough time to complete your application to the best of your ability.
- In your personal statement, be sure to clearly explain both your academic goals and your longer-term professional goals.
- Do not be afraid to use anecdotes to show the admissions committee your motivations, interests, or leadership abilities.
- Make sure to proofread all of your application documents before submission.
Learn more, including how to submit your application, at: https://fj.usembassy.gov/fulbright-foreign-student-program/