Transmitting Citizenship

  1. Eligibility for a CRBA
  2. Transmitting Citizenship

If the transmission requirements have been met, the following documentation is required for a CRBA application.

  • The applicant (child) and at least one parent, preferably the U.S. citizen parent, must be present at the U.S. Consulate.
  • Completed (but not signed) CRBA application (Form DS-2029) (PDF 110 KB) — all questions must be answered; to assist, please see information to the right of this page regarding physical presence in the United States.
  • If the U.S. citizen parent is not able to attend the appointment, they must complete the Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support (PDF 56 KB), have it notarized by a Public Notary (in the U.S.) which must be submitted in their absence.
  • Child’s birth certificate
  • Parents’ registered marriage certificate (if applicable)
  • Evidence of termination of any previous marriages (if applicable)
  • U.S. citizen parent(s)’ evidence of U.S. citizenship (U.S. passport or naturalization certificate)
  • U.S. citizen parent’s documentary evidence of physical presence in the United States prior to the child’s birth
  • Applicable fee (USD$100 payable to the U.S. Embassy, Suva, via cash or bank check. No personal check or credit card payment is accepted. Please contact the ACS Unit at the U.S. Embassy for the current Fiji Dollar equivalent should you wish to pay in Fiji dollars.)