Amend a Passport

Your passport may be amended to show your married name or a legal change of name.

Here’s what you’ll need:

  • Application Form
    Please complete an application form (DS-5504). Note that the online version of this form includes instructions on the back side written for use in the U.S. which do not apply to your application in Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga or Tuvalu. Note that the form you print must be clear and sharp, with black print on white paper.  Thermal paper, dye-sublimation paper, special inkjet paper, and other shiny papers are not acceptable.
  • Documentation
    You’ll need to provide legal documentation supporting any requested change (for example, your original marriage certificate showing your new spouse’s name, or an original court order showing a legal name change).  We cannot accept copies, and we reserve the right to request additional documentation.

Next Steps

Contact the American Citizens Services unit at or (+679) 331-4466 for further instructions on how to submit your name change request.