Can You Apply for a Passport Renewal by Mail?
Yes, If You…
- Already have a passport that is not damaged; and
- Received it within the past 15 years; and
- Were at least age 16 when it was issued; and
- Still have the same name as in the passport (or you can legally document your name change).
- Passports renewed by mail in the U.S. can only be forwarded to a U.S. address.
- If you mutilate or alter your U.S. passport, you may invalidate it and risk possible prosecution under the law (Section 1543 of Title 22 of the U.S. Code).
- If your passport has been mutilated, altered, or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.
How Do You Renew Your Passport by Mail?
- Complete Application for Passport by Mail, form DS-82
- Be sure to sign and date your application.
- Attach to it:
- Your most recent passport
- One recent standard U.S. passport photograph
- And the US$130 fee payable to the U.S. Embassy in Suva. Please contact the U.S. Embassy for its FJD equivalent.
- Fee payment is acceptable via Cashier’s check, bank check made payable to U.S. Embassy Suva, or via the online U.S. government’s secure payment site.
- If you opt to pay the fee of USD$130 online, you must print the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email after successfully paying the fee and include it in the package you send to the embassy. This payment option is available for all DS-82 adult passport renewals except in-person renewal at the U.S. Embassy in Suva or the Consular Agent in French Polynesia.
- If you pay online, please enter your city and country in the “Applicant Mailing Address 2” field. Enter “Suva” in the City field and select “Fiji” as the Country. If your address does not include a zip code, then enter 00000 in the zip code field.
- Your previous passport will be returned to you with your new passport.
- If you would like your passports returned via a trackable method to a mailing address of your preference, applicant must enclose a pre-paid envelope with the address where you want it sent to.
- If your name has changed since your passport was issued:
- Enclose a certified copy of the legal document specifying your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree, or court order).
- No photocopies accepted.
Note: If your name has changed by other means, you must apply in person.
- Mail in a padded envelope to:
P.O. Box 218
Suva, Fiji Islands
- If you use an overnight delivery service that does not deliver to a post office box, then send it to:
158 Princes Rd, Tamavua
Suva, Fiji Islands